Synthrotek’s original Mean Screamer Pedal goes way beyond a typical tube screamer clone with a couple of great mods. We are using an original 4558 OP-AMP IC to give it that beautiful classic boost.
- The Brown tone mod gives this tube creamer clone EXTRA BEEF and Chunk!
- High End Boost Mod – Adds extra high end that sticks out in solos, etc.
- No Pop – a former version of the Mean Screamer had a loud pop when the foot switch was pressed; no longer!
- Designed to fit perfectly in an included pre-drilled 1590B case
- All onboard components allow you to build this WIRE FREE
- Reverse polarity protection: if you plug in a center positive adapter, you won’t fry the circuit
- Comes with an unpainted aluminum case; pedal graphic not included
- Takes a standard BOSS style 9V Center Negative AC Adapter with a 2.1mm barrel (not included)
The DIY Kit comes in two different versions: PCB-mount or Wired. Why have two different versions? The PCB-mount and wired versions of the kit use the same circuit and sound the same.
The PCB Mount Version:
- Takes less time for an experienced builder
- Fits in a smaller case and takes up less room on a pedal board
The Wired Version:
- Is easier to repair and solder; recommended for new builders.
- Can be used in a custom case
- uses metal audio jacks instead of plastic