The MST Unity Gain Mixer adds input signals together and combines them for a summed output. For example, if you put in a 1V source and a 3V source, the output will be 4V. It’s mainly used for CV, but it can also be used to combine audio signals together.
A unity gain mixer is handy in several ways:
- Combining gates and triggers. Plug a few sequencer steps into the unity gain inputs, then run the output to a drum synth, VCA, envelope, etc.
- Re-shaping two CV sources with a single envelope.
- Combining different wave shapes or LFOs to make crazy sounds.
- Controlling the CV of one source with the CV of another source. Just plug the CV out of a sequencer into and an expression pedal/touchable CV out into the unity gain inputs.
- Two 5:1 Unity Gain Mixers
- 5 inputs per channel
- Mixes both AC signals (audio) and DC signals (gates, triggers, CV)
- Channel A output normalled to first input of channel B
- Input signals are not boosted or cut
- Sum of inputs is the total output
- Polarity protected
- Current draw:
- +12V: 9mA
- -12V: 9mA
- Module Depth: 22mm
- Width: 6HP