Our Face the Fuzz kit comes in two different forms: Wired and PCB-Mount. It’s the same PCB for both kits, but each kit has slightly different components, different sized cases and a different Bill of Materials.
Why have two different versions? The PCB-mount and wired versions of the kit use the same circuit and sound the same.
The PCB-mount version:
- takes less time for an experienced builder;
- fits in a smaller case and takes up less room on a pedal board.
The wired version:
- is easier to repair and solder and is recommended for new builders;
- can be used in a custom case;
- uses metal audio jacks instead of plastic.