Quick Start Guide
Bill of Materials
Capacitor and Resistor Lookup Guide
Synthrotek is pleased to offer a complete line of eurorack synthesizer modules, power, cases and accessories in both complete units kits and panels & pcbs. We now offer a very complete analog modular monophonic voice with many accompanying utility modules. This new complete voice is the product of a collaboration with synth guru George Mattson, who now joins us in releasing our new MST (Mattson – Synthrotek) line of premium modules. Scott Rise of Division 6 (George Mattson’s brother) designed this full featured MIDI to CV module.
The MST MIDI to CV Converter is a translator between digital devices and analog synths, allowing you to connect your modular system to a keyboard, computer, phone or tablet.
- Clock input to DIN MIDI & USB MIDI CLOCK out
- Manual MIDI Reset Button
- USB/MIDI IN thru to DIN MIDI OUT
- DIN MIDI IN will export USB MIDI out of the USB jack
- Front panel accessible V/O trimmer adjustment
- MIDI CLOCK to CLOCK OUT – VELOCITY, MOD WHEEL or AFTERTOUCH AUX output
- CV output
- Gate output
- Rear MIDI channel jumper select
- Gate / Note Priority LED indicator
- Compatible with the following hardware:
- Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
- Mac OS X (any version)
- Linux (tested on Ubuntu 14.04)
- iPad & iPhone with a MIDI adapter (like an iRig MIDI)
- Android devices (3.1 or later) with a USB OTG cable and USB A to B cable (like a USB printer cable)
- Polarity protection
- Current draw:
- +12V: 85mA
- -12V: 8.5mA
- Module Depth: 46mm
- Width: 6HP
For more information, check out the MST MIDI to CV Manual here.
Will this be released soon? Will there be a DIY kit available?
We are still squishing a few bugs and getting it ready, but you should see it available in a couple months, and yes, it will come in a DIY kit form.
Any progress on this? Was looking in the store, but don’t see it listed.
We are just a few weeks out from release!
Thanks for asking
Is that current draw info correct? 85 + and 8.5 – ?
About the PIC component: does the item you sell is programmed ?
The MIDI to CV PCB/Panel combo ships with a programmed PIC18 chip.
I’m trying to figure out if I can get a few voices with just this module if that’s possible or would I need the expander?
The MIDI to CV converter does only have one note CV and one gate out CV so one voice is what it’s intended to drive. The aux cv that is has is intended to interpret velocity, mod wheel, or aftertouch midi data. The expanders are exactly what you’d be after for an array of voices 🙂