Synthrotek is pleased to offer a complete line of eurorack synthesizer modules, power, cases and accessories in both complete units kits and panels & pcbs. We now offer a very complete analog modular monophonic voice with many accompanying utility modules. This new complete voice is the product of a collaboration with synth guru George Mattson, who now joins us in releasing our new MST (Mattson – Synthrotek) line of premium modules.
The MST Low Pass Filter is a precision analog dual slope output 2 & 4 pole filter. Simultaneous -12 DB and -24 DB outputs with CV control over all parameters. Can be used as a 1V/O sine wave oscillator
Manual control of cutoff frequency
Manual Control of Resonance (Q)
1V/O input for clean sine wave output
CV Frequency input w/ attenuator
Resonance CV input w/ attenuator
Simultaneous -12 db and -24 db/octave outputs
Current draw: V+ max 23.5mA, V- max 15.5mA
Width: 6HP Depth: 3.5cm (1.75 in)
MST VC Low Pass Filter 1v/o Tuning Instructions
Things you will need:
- 1v/o cv source (midi-cv with a keyboard, oscillator with a Hz readout)
- The MST VC Low Pass Filter
- Patch cables
- Chromatic tuner (we use Pitchlab Pro, its free for Android and IOS)
- Small flathead screwdriver
- Plug your 1v/o source into the 1v/o jack in the MST VC Low Pass Filter
- Plug the -24db output of the filter to an amp or speakers, something where you can hear it.
- Turn All Knobs to the Full CCW position.
- Set your 1v/o source to 0v, which we will call C1.
- Turn the Resonance knob all the way CW.
- Slowly turn the Cutoff knob CW until you can hear the Filter self oscillating, and keep turning until the pitch reads ~32.7 Hz, C1.
- Set your 1v/o source to 1v, which will be C2.
- Flip the Filter over and adjust the trim pot until the pitch is ~65.4 Hz, C2.
- Set your 1v/o source to 2v, and check that the filter is now at C3, 130.8Hz.
Congratulations on your tuned Filter!