Get ready for the bright lights of the colosseum!
308 Eurorack Distortion Module
We’ve taken our rock-solid RAT clone, squeezed it into a Eurorack module and added CV control over Gain. The 308 will take your playing to new heights with tremolo and other distortion modulation techniques.
- 3 controls – Tone, Filter, and Drive – to customize your tone. Tone sets the brightness level, Filter dials in the high frequency response, and Drive determines the signal gain / amount of distortion
- 4 Diode Settings – An on-board 4PST DIP Switch selects between 4 different clipping diodes to drastically alter your sound. Turn on the stock version 1N4148s, LEDs, Germanium diodes, or none at all with flick of a little switch.
- Vintage Tone – The PCB is designed from the original RAT tone IC, the LM308 single op amp.
- Control Voltage (CV) Input
- Guitar AND Modular – Adjust the input impedance with a trim pot.
- Plug your guitar in using Circuit Abbey’s Axis module.
- Current Draw: <10 mA on only the +12 rail.
Available at our online store and at fine modular retailers worldwide.
The Synthrotek Vac-Pak
Have you ever wanted to add control voltage to a parameter on your synth or circuit bent toy? Now you can!
The Vac Pak is a vactrol-based control voltage to variable resistance circuit.
- Connect your CV source to the input jack.
- Set the Scale and Offset trim pots to dial in your optimal resistance, with a range between ~300 ohms to ~10M (all vactrols are a little different in range).
- Connect the wires from J4 to your circuit to make a variable resistor.
- Daisy-chain multiple Vac Paks to the same power source using the remaining connector (either J2 OR J3).
- Power the Vac Pak with a 9V battery clip (wired to J2 or J3) or with your circuit’s on-board voltage source (wired to J2 or J3).
- An onboard 5V regulator allows the Vac Pak to be powered with 6-18V DC.
- Caution: Do not exceed +10V DC on the CV input, more may burn up your vactrol!
Complete Synthrotek Eurorack Dual VCA
As we are working producing a complete DIY (and complete!) modular voice, we are beginning this with our Dual Triple Response VCA!
CLICK HERE FOR THE COMPLETE UNIT!
CLICK HERE FOR THE DIY KIT!
CLICK HERE FOR PCB/PANEL COMBOS!
The Synthrotek Triple Response Dual VCA uses high quality op amps to give you the sound quality you are looking for in affordable kits and completed units. This VCA has three different response curves per channel: 2 Exponential and 1 Linear. The amplitude of the 3rd exponential response selection (switch at right position) can be modified via two trimmer pots on the PCB. This allows for 3 unique curves per channel.
Intended for Audio & AC use only (DC coupling will not function properly).
– Fully Open at 5v DC CV Input for a 10v pk-pk audio output. Want louder? Well it gets louder and more distorted as the CV input goes above 5V DC.
– 2 exponential and 1 linear response per channel. Curves become more noticeable and pronounced as CV input voltage goes up.
– Channel 2 is normalled to channel 1
– Compact 4HP sized module
– Kits, complete and PCB/panel combos
– High Quality Op Amps
- Module depth: 1 7/8 inches (4.7 cm)
- Max current draw: 1mA on -12V rail, 9mA on +12V rail
Synthrotek DIRT Filter
At last! We have released the DIRT filter. This is another crazy module that allows for distortion, mangling, wave shaping and other caustic and filter like effects. Best of all this product is for EVERYONE! Wanna make a little filter console that runs off of a 9V battery or DC Wall Wart? Well you can! Also available as complete and as a kit for Eurorack modular systems.
EURORACK COMPLETE KIT – $99.99
EURORACK KIT – $59.99
9V DC KIT- $54.99